Essentials of a happy home
NOT what happens to us. It is our response to what happens. And response is something we can choose.” -Maureen Killoran
Stress is an everyday thing, it’s all in how we handle stress. In bootcamp, company commanders would rudely wake us up at 0445, every morning. When I mean rude, I mean sound a fire alarm every morning for eight weeks, run down three flights of stairs and get in formation outside in t-shirts, shorts and shoes. During the first week, it was hard and wanted to quit but overtime, I got better with how to manage the rude awakenings. My occupation requires me to work through high levels of stress, sets my nerves on EDGE but I manage over time. Here are ways I relieve that stress on my down time and while I work:
1. Connect with others; you may not be the only one stressing about the same thing
2. Get active; clean, workout, look at a tutorial on how to perfect eyeliner
3. Laugh more
4. Assert yourself
5. Try yoga
6. Try a new hot sauce
7. Get some sleep
8. Keep a journal; write it down
9. Get musical and let your creative juices flowing
10. Seek counseling
11. Write it
12. Choose happiness,:It’s easy to throw pity parties for ourselves but what we choose, will be our outcome, no one else can change our outcome!
God knows what you’re going through, it’s only a test to see what you can bear. After every storm is sunshine, remember that! I see it all the time when out at sea. Troubled waters is what keeps me skillful and flexible through the storms so when there is sunshine, it’s like New York styled- cheesecake: it’s all good.
Now I’m hungry.